Beginning in 2009, an anonymous donor began funding Engineering Scholarships to encourage members to pursue engineering majors/ careers and to reward their academic achievement in a challenging major
1. Be enrolled and in good standing with the School of Engineering.
2. First-semester Freshmen must have been accepted in the School of Engineering and be enrolled as a full-time (12 or more credit hours) student.
3. Second-semester Freshmen, or Upperclassmen, must have:
a) Achieved a GPA of 3.01 or greater (on a scale of 4.0) in the previous semester (i.e. if applying for a Fall 2015 scholarship, must have had a 3.0 or greater for the Spring 2015 semester) while completing 12 or more credit hours in their approved engineering curriculum; and
b) Lived in the Kansas Alpha Chapter House the previous semester and remain a resident member of the Chapter throughout the current semester (i.e. if applying for a Fall 2015 scholarship, must have lived in the chapter house during the Spring 2015 semester and continue to live in the chapter house during the Fall 2015 semester).
4. Submit an application by the deadline, which is generally the end of the week after classes resume from spring break. 5. Members who have previously received an engineering scholarship will also submit a short report (less than 500 words) summarizing his accomplishments during the last semester and goals for the next semester with their scholarship application.
1. Applications will be distributed by the PAEF.
2. The PAEF will ensure applications are distributed to every member through the use of email distribution and an announcement at chapter.
3. Generally, applications (and reports, if required) are accepted online to assist in the application, selection, and administration of the scholarship. Every effort will be made to have applications available on the Kansas Alpha website, but at a minimum will be available in the e-mail sent to all members.
4. Members who have previously received an engineering scholarship will submit a short report (less than 500 words) summarizing his accomplishments during the last semester and goals for the next semester.
5. Once an application (and report, if required) is received by the PAEF, a confirmation email will be sent to the applicant. Applicants should ensure they receive confirmation their application was received.